~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Midnight Chatter

Today was kind of shitty. I've spent the last couple of days reading the archives of a new blog. I tend to do that. When I find a blog that interests me, I read the whole archives. So it took me a couple of days. I get nothing else done.

While I was sitting here, minding my own business, there was one LOUD crack of thunder and then a torrential downpour. There was hail too. I need some sunshine. We now have 3 leaks in the ceiling. One in the livingroom and two in the kitchen. We need a new roof. All three spots leaked today. There I was running around putting bowls under them to catch the water. And all I want is a little sun.

Went to town with Mr. Man after work. Thankfully the car is running fine after he put the new alternator in it. It wasn't any big deal, went to the pharmacy to get his pills refilled and went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Oh we went to Dollarama too, I needed a few things from there as well. Things to help de-clutter, like hangers, for all the clothes I got from Freecycle MONTHS AGO. They've been laying in a heap in the bedroom waiting to be put away. I also got a birthday card for my sister. I figure better late than never. And I needed a new hair brush.

I keep hoping for more summer weather. I swear we've only had 3 days in the last 2 weeks that it didn't rain. They have all the fall and Halloween stuff out in Dollarama. Sigh. Back to school stuff in the drug store. That reminds me, Little R desperately needs shoes and some clothes for back to school. She has lost a lot of weight in recent months and none of her jeans fit her properly any more. Her shoes are all worn right out. I hope she has a better year in school than last year. I hope she settles down. No more of this staying in town after school. No more skipping. I don't know how she pulled it off last year. She really buckled down at the end and got her credits. Which just shows how capable she really is.


I had a bit of a scare with my blog a little while ago. I decided to upgrade it to the new version. All I wanted was to be able to put my archives into a drop down menu. Well the upgrade changed the whole look of it. I didn't like it at all. At first I didn't see the link to click to revert it back. But then after looking around for it, with great relief, I found the link and changed it back. I like it fine the way it is. I'll just have to find the HTML code to put my archives into a drop down menu, I'm sure it's out there. The list of archives is getting a little long. A drop down menu would take up much less space.

Here it is 1 a.m again. I'm wide awake. I haven't been napping. But I have been sleeping in later in the morning. It's Friday, I haven't been doing the Show and Tell thing for weeks. I've just been too distraught and distracted and depressed. It is fun to do and I hope to get back into it eventually. The only photograph I've taken lately is of a flower that came up in one of my barrels. Usually I plant petunias in my barrels. This year, as you know, I didn't plant anything, so my barrels came up full of weeds. I don't know if this flower is a weed or what. It kind of looks like a small sunflower. Here I'll show you...



Not a clue what it is. At any rate there's three of them there now since I took this picture. In another planter that I didn't plant anything in there's a petunia or two growing. Must have seeded from last year. Aren't they called volunteers?

Don't know what the plans are for this weekend. Don't know what the weather is supposed to be like. Hopefully it'll be like summer though. Please, no more rain. We're going to the Reserve for smokes tomorrow morning. After that, who knows. It's almost a full moon, the true full moon is tomorrow night. That could be part of the reason I'm wide awake still. I never sleep well when there's a full moon. Oh well, I suppose I could go lay in bed and read. That usually puts me to sleep. Sweet dreams.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you had to BUY hangers???? i thought they multiplied by themselves in the closet...they seem to here anyway lol

one am...could be the reason you yelled when the alram went off at 4 lol 3 hours sleep ?? lol

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home