~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Another Event Spoiled By The Child

Mr. Man went to pick up our new truck in the morning. It's a beater. There are things wrong with it that he will have to fix. We packed up our bags and the dog and off we went to Lake Erie. It was the worlds longest drive. It was very hot out and we got stuck in a traffic jam on the highway. We were in that traffic jam for an hour and a half. Just creeping along. It turned out there was a major accident on the other side of the road, once we passed that it cleared up. At one point I insisted we get off the highway just to give the dog some water and let him cool down a bit. It was brutal! It was very uncomfortable sitting in the middle between Mr. Man and the dog. We were very late getting to my friends place. We had planned to spend the day there hanging out on the beach. I think it was around 6 when we finally got there. So much for spending the day. The weather, being so hot, was much nicer than the last time we were there. We took the dog down to the beach. This is the first time we have ever taken him to the beach. He LOVED it. He went right in the water, was biting at the little waves as they rolled in, and was jumping around as I splashed him. The water was the perfect temperature. There are a lot of loose dogs around there so we didn't dare let him off the leash. We had a barbecue. The drive was so traumatic I was on a mission and was just sucking back the alcohol. Then the whole thing was completely spoiled by a phone call. I don't know who called who but there was Mr. Man on the phone with Little R and there was some sort of problem at home. Next thing I know he's talking to our super. It was something about letting Little R into the apartment and then there was a carload of boys wanting to get in. So we had to abruptly end the festivities and pack up and leave. We were planning to spend the night. It was a long drive home. I'm still not too sure what exactly happened. I'm so disappointed that we can't even have a night away without some sort of drama. I don't think my friend was very impressed either.

Today is stinking hot again. The dog is limping pretty badly. I'd give anything to be on the beach today. Mr. Man is out working on the truck. It made the drive, I'm sure the car wouldn't have made it, but something is leaking. I tried getting the dog into the shower to cool him off but he wouldn't have any part of it. Little R is acting like nothing happened and went out. No one is online. I imagine everyone is out enjoying the summer weather. So I'm sitting here all alone, bored out of my mind and pissed off about last night. I don't get to see my friend very often, we live so far apart, it really sucks that our visit got cut short. Next time, if there ever is a next time, we are leaving bright and early in the morning. I have a feeling I won't see her again until the fall. And that will only be if I get this apartment cleaned up and unpacked.

Well I guess I'll go out and see how Mr. Man is making out with the truck. Have a great day. Keep cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home