~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, August 15, 2009

One Prize Down, Four To Go

It was such short notice. We didn't find out until Monday that the bash was on Thursday. We also thought he only won 2 passes but found out Monday he actually had 4 passes. Nobody would go with us. And how stupid to have it on a Thursday. The car is acting up and Mr. Man didn't really feel like driving it in dowtown Toronto traffic. Besides he couldn't get off work early to get there when the doors open to ensure we got in. So we decided not to go. Also the theme was A Tribute To Woodstock. It would have been a bunch of bands playing 60s music. I wasn't so thrilled about that. Q107 has this party every year. Mr.Man is confidant he will win tickets for it again. Since I was all dressed and ready to go we went to a local bar, had a few beers and played some pool. There was a 2 man band playing. Amazingly they played Boots Or Hearts. One of my favourite songs. I've asked every bar band to play it and they have all said no it's too complicated and yet a 2 man band can play it, go figure.

Last weekend we bought an old truck. Hopefully Mr. Man will be picking it up this morning. It's just a matter of getting a ride to go get it. Well and he has to get the plates and whatnot for it too. We plan on driving it out to my friends place on Lake Erie. Yes we're going back to Wainfleet to see my old friend. I've been asked to bring potato salad again. I like eating it but I hate making it. I should have done it last night but no I put it off til this morning. At least the forecast for today is good. We may actually go on the beach this time. Cathy and her husband are going too. I think Little R is coming with us. This could be awkward with the truck. We'll have to put the dog in the back of the truck. It has a cap on it so it might be hot back there. Hopefully Bear will just relax and lay down. And hopefully the truck is in better shape than the car. It's quite the drive, about 2 hours. I'm excited to be getting a new vehicle, even though it is a beater and I'm excited to be going to see my old friends.

Mr. Man still hasn't had the chance to go downtown to pick up the rest of his prizes. The Playdium and the Wild Water Kingdom will be used for Little R. We probably won't go to the movie, it's a war movie, not interested. The best thing is $100 worth of pizza. You know he says he's only called in a few times and out of that few times he has won twice. So the chances are good that he can win again.

Meanwhile the unpacking is still at a standstill. The apartment is a mess. I spend my days fooling around on the computer and watching tv. I'm a little more comfortable with taking the dog out. I've taken him with me to the store a few times. The day Cathy came up we took him all over downtown Orangeville without incident. I don't know, the fear is still there. We were just lucky we didn't run into any other male dogs.

So today is going to be busy. I'm disappointed that we didn't go to the Q107 Summer Bash, but I'm over it. We'll have fun today. I'm praying there isn't anything wrong with the truck. It'll be nice to see the old friends again. It'll be nice to spend some time on the beach and to take Bear on the beach. I'm gonna go get my day started. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home